Sunday 24 March 2013

Liz On Top Of The World (Pride And Prejudice Soundtrack Cover)

I've posted some of my covers on here before but this one is one of my favorite songs in the whole world. It's from the soundtrack to Pride and Prejudice (The 2005 Keira Knightley one, not the BBC production with the lovely Colin Firth unfortunately). The score was written by an Italian composer named Dario Marionelli and some of the pieces are absolutely divine. Most of the pretty ones would require much too much effort for me to learn to play but I think I've got this one down in my own sort of way. I don't really play classical music any more and I really struggle to read music so the fact that I learnt this is a admirable feat for me!

Bear in mind that the sound quality is awful and I have an awful habit of wearing false nails that are highly inappropriate for playing the piano!

.

I love film music- It really stirs the emotions! I find it incredible that what one person can struggle to describe in words another person can portray so finely without words at all, just melodies! I especially love the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack because it has quite a modern, romantic feel to it.

My favorite track on the CD I have is Darcy's Letter. I love the story of Pride and Prejudice and I thought this piece captured the moment perfectly when Lizzie realises the huge mistake she has made about Darcy due to her pride.




 I do love the part in the movie during the Netherfield ball when, during the dance, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy suddenly appear to be dancing in a ballroom all alone. It thought it was a superb piece of cinematography! You can watch the scene here:


1 comment:

Find this interesting? Got something to add? Leave a comment!