Sunday 29 April 2012

Rugby/Swimming/Water-Polo Ball

The NUIM combined sports ball took place last Wednesday in the Courtyard Hotel, Leixlip. It was a good night (Although it didn't live up to my expectations- That always happens with big events!). Despite the amount of rain that night I managed to get to the bus which was waiting at the students' union without ruining my hair and make up.

Myself and Maureen on the bus

Of course, we were last off the bus so I was unable to find a seat at any of the swimmers' tables. Luckily Peter who is in my class in college was there with his rugby team to I sat beside him for the meal. It consisted of two course, the main course was lots of meat, stuffing and potatoes, the usual. For dessert there was sticky toffee pudding which I loved!

Maeve, Niamh, Lucy, Myself and Marcas

After the meal Martin (aka Spitz) attempted to give out awards to certain swimmers (Due to them being left out of awards at the Clubs and Societies Awards apparently??). Of course the boys from the rugby team were really rude and were shouting and chanting throughout this. In fairness, it was quite boring and I didn't think it was the time or place to be giving awards (Sorry Spitz), no one was in the mood for it, we just wanted to get out of there and into the nightclub. 

In the nightclub :)

The rest of the night was spent on the dance floor. In fairness, the DJ was really good. Yes, there were a few songs that he played multiple times- But they were songs we wanted multiple times! The bar was open until 2am (Although I was very good and barely spent any money). After this we were shuttled back to Maynooth where I was ready to collapse into bed after such a long night. I managed to make it the whole was back in my heels also, despite dancing for a few hours straight!

On the bus beforehand again

All in all, I must admit that it was a fun night and I really enjoyed myself. There were a few moments where I was wishing the bus was leaving earlier but in the end it was perfect timing. I got to dress up and do my hair and it was nice to have one special night out with the swim and polo people as I am leaving after the exams are finished in May (Hopefully I will be heading to DIT- Fingers crossed!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find this interesting? Got something to add? Leave a comment!